Sep 20, 2016
Personal injury law in Canada is designed to assist you in gaining compensation for pain, suffering, disability or financial loss that occurred as a result of your injury. If you are the victim of a personal injury in Ontario, Canada, a personal injury lawyer can help you get what you deserve.
Car Accidents and Traumatic Injury
- Car accidents are a common cause of serious bodily injury. If you're involved in a motor vehicle accident, it’s important to seek medical attention immediately. The pain and damage caused by traumatic injuries may not be fully evident until days or even weeks after the event, so pay attention to and report even symptoms that seem insignificant. If your injury leads to lost wages, disability, mental suffering or damage to personal property, you may be entitled to a significant sum of money.
Injury Due to Negligence
- If you sustain an injury because of a person's or business's failure to provide due care, the other party may be guilty of negligence. Injuries that often fall under this category include those related to medical malpractice and those caused by defective products or services. Establishing fault and proving negligence may be tricky in some cases, but an experienced attorney can help.
- Snow, ice, wet conditions, uneven walking surfaces and inadequate lighting can all lead to accidental falls and potentially serious problems such as broken bones and brain or spinal injuries. If unsafe conditions or neglect lead to a slip-and-fall injury, owners of both public and private property can be held accountable for injuries that you sustain while on the premises. It's important to take detailed notes at the scene of the incident, including a record of what you were doing just before it occurred and what hazardous conditions caused the fall.
Personal Injuries and the Limitations Act
- Although personal injury law in Canada is designed to protect your interests, you must not wait too long to take advantage of it. If your lawsuit hasn't been started within a specific time frame, you could lose your right to continue the process. Under some circumstances, transition rules may apply, or limitation periods can be extended. Because legislation is complex, it's critical to speak to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to be sure that you are able to make a valid claim in a timely fashion.
Get the Compensation You Deserve, and Help Protect Others
- Whether you've been injured in a motor vehicle accident, a product malfunction or a slip-and-fall incident, you deserve to be compensated. Your pursuit of justice benefits not only yourself but also others who might suffer in the future if no actions are taken to improve hazardous conditions, protect vulnerable people, end illegal practices or recall unsafe products. To get the best results, you need legal representation from a competent lawyer who has experience pertaining to personal injury in Ontario, Canada.
Contact The Morris Law Group today for your free, no-obligation consultation at 905.526 8080 or 1-877-464-4466 or firstname.lastname@example.org